The cover of one of my notepads suggests ways we should live more and live less. Inspired by this message (on Friday, March 28th, 2014), I wrote a post about "Words to Live By." I have decided to make weekly updates to this post, until I start repeating myself! I promise each weekly update will contain more information than just the five new phrases though!
Readers are invited to use the comment section below, if they have new ideas of "words to live by" which would complete the phrase _____________ more. ______________ less."
(Any time I use an idea that is not mine, I will credit the contributor and their blog, if they have one. Just keep it family friendly, please!)
HERE ARE THE IDEAS FOR THIS WEEK :
(There’s an environmental theme to the suggestions this week.)
1. Harvest the wind more. Depend on coal, oil and gas less.
|Windmill Farm in California|
2. Use solar power more. Energy bills will be less.
- I was thinking more along the lines of solar panels on the roof, then I just happened to come across this mind boggling information about solar roadways!
I want this for my driveway! (No more shoveling!)
3. Insist on fuel efficiency more. Buy gas guzzlers less.
- How about a car that gets 2,824 mpg? That's what the recent winner of the Shell Eco-marathon Americas competition apparently can do! Students design energy efficient vehicles for the competition, and their products are amazing. Check them out here.
4. Bring reusable bags more. Need paper and plastic bags less.
|This big re-usable bag is huge - but doesn't do any good if I forget it at home!|
5. Create more. Destroy less. *
- There are so many applications for this. (Just one example - more reclamation efforts and less strip mining.)
*Thanks Lana, from Two Teens and Their Mama for another great suggestion. _______________________________________________
Before I end today's list of suggestions, I'm going to use this post to thank Emilie Peck from the blog Random and Crafty for a second nomination of “the most - - of every moment” for the Liebster Award!
The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize new bloggers, and enable them to help each other's blogs to grow. Having already gone through the acceptance process once, I will not do so again. (My readers probably read enough interesting facts about myself in my April 28th post to satisfy their curiosity for a while!)
I do, however, want to empress my gratitude to Emilie and share a link to her blog, Random and Crafty. I encourage all of my readers to check it out.
And so, in response to this award, I'll use a phrase with “ ______more. _______less.”
My blog's been recognized some more. This time I'm responding less.
|The Liebster Award apparently has more than one badge associated with it. This one is really pretty!|
Please click on the Page Tab “Words to Live By” at the top of this blog to view the SUGGESTED PHRASES from PREVIOUS POSTS. The list has grown too large to include here!