|We own an abundance of cloth bags - I just frequently forget to take them to the store!|
Do as I say, not as I do.
Just in case any of you have gotten the impression from this blog that I always make the most of all of my own moments, let me assure you - I often fall short! This blog serves as much as a reminder to myself as to all of you, of the many ways in which it is possible to make the most of all of our moments. Sometimes I don't even take my own advice, even after I have just written it!
- I frequently forget my reusable bags when I go to the store.
- The fruit bin of my fridge is often empty - that bowl of cut up fruit I suggested stocking in the fridge is absent more than it is there.
- There are times when we don't even really set the table - and we certainly don't always use cloth napkins!
- Most days I can't be bothered to style my hair, other than to brush it out.
- I said I needed to back-off parenting my teen, and then I made all the same mistakes the very next morning.
- I can whine and bicker with the best of them.
- My recipes frequently flop - I just share the ones that don't!
|My family thinks I keep this tattered sign on our fridge for them, but it's really there as a reminder for me!|
So - do as I say, not as I do. I hope these revelations won't scare you off from reading my blog. A lot of what I write about is information learned from my own mistakes and shortcomings. I would never tell you I did something if I hadn't - but my good intentions can relapse as easily as anyone's can! Rather than making this blog less appealing, I hope this knowledge that we are all in this together encourages you to visit, comment often, and figure out together how to maximize our moments!
Sometimes I actually do accomplish what I say. And the rest of the time I am the one trying to do as I say, not as I do! (Think about that last statement for a minute. Pretty confusing concept!) What is important, though, is that we all keep trying. And keep striving to make the most of our moments.
I'm game. Are you?