I love reading other people's blogs, and get lots of good ideas when I do. Today, I've decided to list five things from other blogs that made a difference in my life in the past few weeks. Instead of agonizing over choosing the very best, I am just writing about the first five things that come to mind. Here goes:
Five Ways Other Blogs Influenced Me in Recent Weeks:1.This made me laugh, and reminded me of what being pregnant is like!
- The post by Jenna Hatfield on Blogher, “(VIDEO) People, Listen: Why You Should Never, EVER Touch the Pregnant Woman’s Belly,” will probably also make you laugh, if you have ever been pregnant - or you may feel embarrassed, if you ever felt the need to touch a pregnant belly!
|There are certain people though, who are always allowed to touch your pregnant belly!|
(My daughter just found out that it “was almost time” when this photo was taken.)
- This site provides recommendations based on other novels or authors you already like. I may never worry about trying to find a good book to read again. (That doesn't mean I still won't be interested in good suggestions by friends and bloggers though!)
3. I made Strawberry Rhubarb ice-cream.
- I wanted to try this recipe, from A Cookie Named Desire ever since I mentioned it on my blog on 5-7-14. I made it this weekend, and it was delicious!
|I followed the directions exactly, and my ice cream turned out perfectly. Isn't it pretty?|
4. I added a "back to top button" to this blog!
- Thanks to a tutorial from My Bloggers World, this tool was very easy to add - even for someone with my limited computer skills! I am hoping this icon will make navigating my blog easier for my readers.
|(Click on the icon that looks like this at bottom right, to return to top of this blog.)|
5. I wore my jean jacket.
- I planned to wear a particular skirt to a fundraiser last week, but I couldn't decide what to wear with it. Then I remembered the post “Sneakers and a Dress ” on Two Teens and Their Mama. It had reminded me of the jean jacket that I own, but never wear. This jacket was comfortable, the perfect weight for the weather, went well with the skirt, and just the right amount of casual for the occasion. There are no photos of me from that evening, but here's the outfit I wore:
|This photo proves I don't have any experience with fashion photography!|
That's five ways - although even before I finished typing this I thought of many more. I know I promised to just list five - but I can't finish this post without mentioning one more way I have been influenced, which is really best of all.
- That, of course, is the support I've received from readers and other bloggers. Special thanks to +Rena McDaniel, +Lana L. and +Becka M, for showing support of nearly every one of my posts - but many thanks to everyone who took the time to even just read one!) All of the comments, shares, likes, and Google Plus +1's on my blog posts have given me the confidence to continue writing, and I am grateful for every one.
Can you think of a blog post that made a difference in your life?