Much of this week is supposed to be sunny, with temperatures in the 70's during the day. I am happy we will still have some warmer weather, however we have been fairly warned - the snow will soon fly and
temperatures will plummet.
Here's the list of things I thought of that need to be done before winter. We have quite a few of them still to do!
Twelve Things to Do Before Winter1. Have the furnace (and fireplaces) cleaned and checked, and replace the filters.
2. Pick the last of the tomatoes, and get the garden beds ready for winter.
3. Mow the lawn once more (if needed) and put the lawnmower away.
4. Switch to snow tires as soon as your state allows (In Montana we can put our studded tires on as early as October 1st!)
5. Bring in the outdoor furniture and hoses, or cover what is left outside.
6. Be sure the gutters are clean and free of leaves and debris.
7. Buy some sand, to sprinkle down for traction when the driveway gets icy.
8. If your kids are still growing, check to be sure they have hats, gloves, boots and coats that fit.
9. Be sure your windshield wipers work well, and washer fluid is topped off. Put an extra set of gloves and a blanket in the car.
10. Have the underground sprinkler system blown out and shut off before the first hard freeze.
11. Put our flannel sheets back on the beds.
12. Decorate for fall - and enjoy the fall colors and warmer temperatures while they last!
Need a quick reminder? Here's a info-graphic of some things to remember to do before winter:
What have I missed? What else is on your "get ready for winter" to-do list?
This post may be linked to one of the great link-up parties I follow and list on my blog. Check them out!