Every Friday, in this post series “My List of Fabulous Finds” I share the links to some of the “fabulous finds" I have discovered on the Internet throughout the week.
There is a LOT of really helpful, captivating, and entertaining information available on the Internet! It can take a lot of time however, to sift through and find the articles that interest you.
If you read this blog, I suspect we have similar passions. If I find something to be fascinating or useful, I think you might as well.
Here is some of what I came across this week.
This Week's Fabulous Finds:
~ Lawn Mowers are more complicated than they look.Whether you need an excuse for why you should not mow the lawn or a reason to buy a new riding mower, this article should give you some ideas!
- The Murder of an Innocent Lawnmower, by Rena McDaniel
If poisoning a lawn mower isn't expensive enough for you, here's an idea of what can be done to a car!
~ Cars can be confusing as well!
- Getting Gassed by Diane Tolley
~ Healthy snacks can be filling and delicious.Are you looking for some great ideas for healthy snacks? Unfortunately, I'm not sure the brand of yogurt mentioned in this article is sold where I live - but healthy snacking seems a little easier after reading the good advice I found here!
~ Even in the best scenario, I think I'd rather just stay here.This article is making me think the plot of the movie Interstellar might be more plausible than I had thought - and I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't be better to put our time, energy, and efforts into saving Earth instead of “terraforming” Mars!
- There's one crucial number that could ultimately determine whether humans have a chance to live on Mars by Jessica Orwig
~ The Finances of Father's DayHave you bought a Father's Day gift this year? Did you spend more or less than you did on Mother's Day?
- This is How Much The Average Person Spends On a Father's Day Gift, by April Walloga
~ Any additional mental health services is a step in the right direction.A great idea but it seems like this is something we should have been doing everywhere, all along - and a lot of other things as well ...
- This May Be a New Model for How to Police the Mentally Ill by Noelle Swan
~ I can't help but wonder why this has taken so long?
By 2018 it might be a lot easier to eat a healthy diet ... let's just hope whatever substitutes are being used are healthy.
~ What could have been done to prevent these types of tragedy?
- We have all heard the argument "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." But - if a gun had not been available, nine people would probably not have died in Charleston, S.C. this week.
~ They say that “great minds think alike.”I've mentioned that Lana L (Blogger at Two Teens and Their Mama) and I think a lot alike. If you look at both of our posts from Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - you might agree.
- Rocking Five Miles With a Blogging Buddy, by Lana L.
- Seattle Rock'n'Roll - Running, Walking, and Reuniting, by Susan F.
|Last weekend, I was in Seattle for the Rock'n'Roll.|
Have a Fabulous weekend!
Make the most of every moment of it!
This post may be linked to one of the great link-up parties I follow and list on my blog. Check them out!