Whether you are back from curiosity, as a loyal reader, or just visiting this blog for the first time, I hope you enjoy this recipe.
|The ingredients of my mystery recipe: a white cake mix; two eggs, cinnamon, oil, apples and caramels.|
Caramel Apple Cookies
- White cake mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup apples, peeled and chopped fine
- about 12 soft caramels, cut in half.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir cinnamon into cake mix
- Add eggs and oil. Beat well until incorporated.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Drop cookie dough by generous tablespoons (I used my large cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Gently press a half caramel into the center of each cookie.
- Bake about 12 minutes, until very lightly browned and caramel has melted. They will still appear a little under-done, but will firm up as they cool.
- Cool 5 minutes on pan, then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container.
Making cookies from a cake mix is a quick and easy way to bake up a batch. The first time I ever did so, I followed a recipe my (then) 12-year old niece had written down for me. The variations are endless. A little imagination is all that is needed to alter the basic recipe to whatever flavors you desire. Here's another variation you might like to try.
How I decided what to name this recipe:These cookies turned out very soft with a chewy caramel center. The flavors of a caramel apple in a cookie. I'm so happy with them, that I might just decide to name them after my blog! Making quick and scrumptious cookies certainly seems like a good way to make use of a few moments.
The cookies are quickly disappearing, but I put some aside for the gift I mentioned. Curious as to who the recipient might be? My neighbors who provided the apples from their tree, of course!
|"The most - - of Every Moment Caramel Apple Cookies"|
|As pretty as they are tasty!|
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!