First of all, let me voice a complaint about fall:
It often snows during the first week of October!
|I took this photo this week (October 2nd).|
Here are 5 things, however, that I do really do like about fall:
1. If we have snow, it melts quickly because the ground is still warm.
|The snow melted, but it remained cold for a while. |
Even this deer looked grumpy about it!
2. Fall is the season of my birthday (October) and my wedding anniversary (September).
|Perfect fall weather made our wedding reception even more special.|
3. The past few years we have received a fall gift of apples from our neighbor's tree!
|Aren't these apples beautiful!|
4. High School soccer season is in the fall in Montana - typically better weather than in spring.
|Fortunately, in this photo from yesterday the white marks on the field are chalk lines - not snow!|
5. The colors of autumn are unbelievably stunning in the Eastern part of North America - but also can be very pretty in the West.
|This photo was taken several years ago in September at Glacier National Park, MT.|
What do you like about Fall?